No products were found matching your selection.
Looking to buy the best Metal Filament for 3D printing?
3D printing models earlier involved just one kind of filament but with recent developments we are now able to lay our hands on various types of filaments and one such is a metal filament which tends to provide the metal finish without actually hammering and shaping metal into the desired shape.
Though using pure metal as the filament is very hard to use, this filament is basically made of a mixture of 30% metal powder and 70% PLA or ABS filament, thus giving the models created with this filament a glossy metallic finish.
What is Metal Filament?
Similar to the magnetic filaments this type of filaments are made by infusing PLA with very fine metal powders that can be brass, stainless steel, copper and brass. This addition of metal to the plastic makes them much denser than PLA and ABS though using the same quantity of materials.
This filament ensures that the prints made by us will possess the look and feel of full metal prints but at a very affordable price while providing you with superior aesthetics of the finished products.
Properties of Metal Filament For 3D Printing
- Brass, Bronze, Copper, Aluminium and stainless steel are some of the varieties of filaments found in the market.
- Polishing and tarnishing your printed products post-processing will increase their looks as well as finishing.
- There are various blending varieties of this filament ranging from 50% to 85% of metal powders and 50% to 15% of PLA or ABS.
- It provides superior aesthetic metallic looks without actually using a pure metal.
- It is much denser and heavier than the models created from PLA or ABS.
Pros & Cons Of Wood Filament for 3d Printers
Let us now indulge in some of the pros and cons of this filament which will educate us further on the working of this filament.
- It provides a metallic look to the models created using this filament.
- It is highly ideal for both aesthetic and functional models.
- Using this filament is quite hard.
- It is highly abrasive to print nozzle
Here at Xpita we work in tandem with the best manufacturers to provide our customers with the best possible service as well as the best products at great affordable prices to help them achieve their goals without digging a hole in their pockets. If you are looking for metallic finishes then the metal filament can be the best possible option as it can help you create metallic 3D prints efficiently too without you needing to do much.